Sitting around, surfing the internet mindlessly, I somehow start thinking… ok, so here goes – another mental mind train you have to follow:
1. How much the hubby likes The Davis' Calvin & Hobbes Christmas display
2. How even though we try to do Christmas yard displays here, they NEVER come to fruition
3. Wouldn’t it be fun to do something like that for Halloween one year then?
4. Can’t do cute. Can’t do grave bloody injustices to Calvin or Hobbes either. Just aint fittin’.
5. What other comical characters could I slaughter without warping the mind of a 4 year old?
6. 4 year olds aren’t allowed to watch The Simpsons because Bart is a Bad Influence.
7. The Haunting of Springfield… Yes, Thats IT! We can do foam or plywood cut outs of all the Springfield folks – they are easily recognizable, we can still use our graves since some will be Simpson zombies…. (notice, this is all coming out in the same number 7, because my mind was working so fast now) and… and… Bart can be stabbing Lisa, and Maggie can be killing Krusty the Clown – bludgeoning him with a baby bottle, and… and… I could do all the painting and it will be big eye balls and a lot of yellow skin with blood all over it, and wow, that would be funny AND scary.
I guess someone on the internet already thought of it. Oh well.
Repeat 1-7 to Hubby without taking a breath, and just WATCH him stare at you like you forgot to take your meds this morning. (“Not in MY yard, you don’t” I could just HEAR him say, although he didnt say a word, LOL)
Back to the drawing board.